Tuesday, January 11, 2011

this is only a dream....

I've seen New York on TV and in movies my whole life and I think I kind of forgot that it's a real place.

I like it. And I like listening to New Yorkers.


I had a couple hours before my last casting today so I decided to stroll a bit. Made my way down 5th Ave and checked out Rockefeller Centre and Radio City Music Hall. Sauntered through FAO Schwarz and Trump Tower, and caught the subway by Central Park en route to my last appointment. I want to go to Jersey and peek through the window of the bakery from "Cake Boss". I can do that you know, 'cuz I'm here.
Here are some shots from today...





Yesterday I had about nine castings. One was for Teen Vogue at Times Square. That made me happy cuz I feel like it's been a while since I was a teenager. It's exciting. I am Benjamin Button. Benjamin Britton in Times Square. I feel like I am going to have so much more fun here...

I've been too tired to cook once back at the model house, so I have been dining on yogurt, fruit, juice boxes,
the gummy vitamins that I had requested for Christmas (Santa kindly obliged), almonds, oatmeal, and frozen meals- I actually found a couple that weren't too bad and are full of veggies and can be heated in the oven. I hate microwaves. Something about them gives me a feeling like I'm about to be hit by a train. Not good.

It's supposed to snow a foot tonight, so that should make commuting interesting tomorrow....


*IMPROTANT NOTE* I would totally work at FAO Schwarz. Best toy store ever complete with $25,ooo Barbie foosball table.


Barbie fashion show on a conveyor belt...this girl didn't look away the whole time I saw her...